Minggu, 24 Maret 2013

Descriptive Text


 text no. 1-5
My Grandmother
      My grandmother is a very gentle, loving and caring person. She never raises her voice at anyone. She has lived with me for as long as I can remember. She takes care of me when Mom and Dad go to work.
       My grandmother is a very neat and tidy person.  She has very dry grey hair which she usually pulls up into a bun. She has dark brown eyes that twinkle whenever she sees me. I hardly never see them wet.
        My grandmother likes to tell the stories of her childhood and expresses them was that hem very well with her tired, old wrinkled hands. Sometimes, she also tells story about my grandfather who has passed away. My dear grandmother always says good things about him. She once told me that he was the nicest person she had ever met.
       I really love my grandmother very much.


1.      What does the writer’s impression of his grandmother?
a.       She never raises her voice
b.      He really loves his grandmother
c.       A gentle, loving and caring person
d.      He doesn’t recognize his grand-mother
2.      What is the suitable title of the text?
a.       His grandmother    b. My grandmother     c.Grandmother            d. My grandfather
3.      …..never raises her voice  at anyone” paragraph 1
      The underlined phrase means that ….
a.      The writer prohibits grandmother to speak loudly
b.      Grandmother does not get angry easily
c.       Nobody in the house speaks loudly
d.      Grandmother loves singing
4.      The following statement are true about grandmother, except
a.       She lives with the writer’s family
b.      She is nice and cheerful person
c.       She takes care of the writer
d.      She has dark brown eyes
5.      “…….. he was the nicest person” paragraph 3
      The underlined word refers to …..
a.       Grandmother          b.Grandfather             c. The writer                d. Childhood

Text for number 69
Mr. James is my uncle. He is a dentist in the country. He was born on January, 14th 1963. He is tall and handsome. He has round eyes and pointed and thick lips. He has straight and black hair. He is very diligent. He is also smart and honest. He is a good person and we love him very much.
6.      Who is Mr. James?
a.       He is a teacher                        b. He is a doctor          c. He is a dentist         d. He is a farmer
7.      How is Mr. James look like?
a.       Fat and handsome                              c.Tall and handsome
b.       Thin and handsome                           d. Short and handsome
8.      How old is Mr. James?
a.       Forty nine years old                                       c. Fifteen years old
b.      Sixty three years old                                      d. Fifty years old
9.      He is very diligent. What is the antonym of the underlined word?
a.       Clever             b. Diligent                   c. Lazy                           d. Stupid 


Text no 10-12
I am Tom. I’m the first grade of junior high school. My hobby is diving in the beach. I like diving because I can look beautiful scenery under the sea. There are various and beautiful coral. There are also many various fish. I go diving once a month with my father. He also likes diving very much. He gives me know about how to swim and dive well.
10.      How often does the writer go diving?
a.      Once a week              b. On week end           c. Every day                d. Once a month
11.      Why does Tom like diving?
a.      Because he go with his father                                    d. Because he can swim well
b.      Because he has spare time
c.      Because under the sea, there are any beautiful scenery
12.      He gives me know about how to swim and dive well”. The underlined word refers to . .
a.      Tom                b. Tom’s father                        c. Tom’s friend            d. The writer

1 komentar: